Digital Development for Feed the Future (D2FTF) leverages digital tools holistically and according to best practice to improve the cost effectiveness and development results of the U.S. Government’s Feed the Future Initiative. As part of our mission, we seek to recognize those who are utilizing digital tools to improve farming practices and accelerate the fight against poverty. Help us tell the story of digital agriculture technologies and how they’re working to advance food security and nutrition across the globe by joining our photo contest. Send in your best photos of digital agriculture technologies in action by April 27 for your chance to win prizes of $200, $300 and $500 dollars.
Please submit your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the information required below. All images must meet the theme of “digital agriculture.” Photos with a time stamp or logo will not be considered. Photo submissions due by April 27, 2018.
- High-resolution, high quality photos that are at least 1024 pixels or larger (tall or wide) or around 300 pixels per inch. Please send us the highest resolution version of the photo you have (at least 1 MB). If you are using Photoshop, please send only level 7 or higher compressed photos.
- Accepted formats: high quality JPG and PNG
- Only 2 photos per contestant will be accepted; if you submit more than 2, photo contest administrators will choose 2 for you
- Photos must each be an original submission (submitted by photographer or with permission)
- Photos must each include a credit: name of photographer, and names of any people featured in the photograph.
- Photos must include a robust caption, which includes a description of what is going on in the photo, who is involved, where and when it was taken (country tag is especially important), and what digital tools are being showcased. 250 words or less.
- Submit your photo as an attachment to email@example.com
- Photo submissions due by no later than April 27, 2018.
Accepted photos will be featured on Feed the Future’s Flickr for the public to view and vote on. Winners will be announced and featured on USAID and Feed the Future blog and social media platforms. We’ll notify you via email if your photo has won by early May.
Photos meeting the theme and requirements above will be eligible for cash prizes ranging from:
- $500 - First place
- $300 - Second place
- $200 - Third place
Questions about submission guidelines? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
By submitting a photograph to this competition you:
- Declare that you own the copyright of the photograph and it is your original work.
- Declare that you have permission to use the visual image of any identifiable individual or building in the photograph for entry into the competition and that the image may be published as stipulated in the photo contest rules.
- Agree that USAID and/or other individual U.S. Government (USG) Feed the Future partners who use the photo will not be responsible for the infringement of any third party rights in the photograph, moral or otherwise, that may arise as a result of your actions or omissions and that you indemnify USAID and/or other individual USG Feedthe Future partners against all legal fees, claims, damages and other expenses that may be incurred as a result of your breach of the contest rules.
- Grant reproduction rights for Feed the Future (under USAID and the interagency) use and in doing so agree that USAID and/or other individual USG Feed the Future partners can use your photograph for the purposes of the competition and also for future reproduction on websites and literature and other materials at USAID’s and/or other individual USG Feed the Future partners’ discretion